Answer True or False to each of the following questions
1. _______ When a member wishes to raise a matter in the House, he or she must be recognised by the Speaker.
2. _______ Our Legislature is unicameral.
3. _______ There are 47 Members in our Legislature.
4. _______ The Governor has sole discretion on the appointment of all Senators.
5. _______ The Senate meets on Fridays.
6. _______ Reports, Statements from government departments, authorities and a wide variety of other papers are presented to the House by being laid upon the table.
7. _______ The body of a Bill consists of clauses which are divided into subsections (1), (2), (3) etc.
8. _______ Bermuda’s first Parliament convened in St. George’s, our first capital on 1st August, 1620.
9. _______ Statutory Instruments are sometimes referred to as primary legislation.
10. _______The Government has the right to determine the order on which the Heads of Expenditure are to be considered during the Budget Debate.
11. _______ Parliament consist of the House of Assembly, the Senate and the Cabinet.
12. _______ The Premier is the presiding officer in the House of Assembly.
13. _______ The Senate is the Upper House in the Legislature.
14. _______ Bills may be returned to the House from the Senate.
15. _______ The Clerk to the Legislature determines meeting dates for the House of Assembly.